Does your business use energy and water?
Does it make or receive shipments?
Does it buy raw materials or produce waste?
If you answered yes to any of the above, your business needs an environmental management system (EMS).
Setting up and running an EMS can provide significant benefits across a number of areas of your business.
Running an effective EMS will help you with:
- better regulatory compliance – running an EMS will help ensure your legal responsibilities are met and more easily managed on a day-to-day basis
- more effective use of resources – you will have policies and procedures in place that help you manage waste and resources more effectively and reduce costs
- marketing – running an EMS will help you prove your business’ credentials as an environmentally aware operation that has made a commitment to continual environmental improvement
- finance – you may find it easier to raise investment from banks and other financial institutions, which are increasingly keen to see businesses controlling their environmental impact
- increased sales opportunities – large businesses and government departments may only deal with businesses that have an EMS
- lighter regulation – even if an EMS is not a regulatory requirement, by showing your commitment to environmental management, you may benefit through reduced fees and charges from environmental regulators
Environmental Management Systems are implemented in organizations in order to identify, monitor and measure environmental aspects of processes. Organizations who have implemented an EMS have seen increased environmental performance.
The McDonald Consulting Group can help you implement the system that works for you by helping you register externally to the international standard ISO 14001 or by implementing a system that meets the requirements but is self-declaring.
Learn more about EMS and how The McDonald Group can help your business
Are you ready to get started?
Contact The McDonald Group today to find out how we can help your business.
New Workshop Schedule
Join us on one of our Workshops.
Yes, we have a newsletter!
We invite you to register to receive our updates