McDonald Consulting Group offers both in-house classes (which may be customized) and public offerings, as described below. Don’t see what you are looking for? Just let us know!
Click on your preferred date and location to be taken to the booking form.
AIAG/VDA FMEA – Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
Learn how the revised AIAG/VDA FMEA helps you identify and mitigate Risk, while also providing opportunities for implementing mistake-proofing. It covers both Design and Process as well as the AIAG/VDA updates for System Response.
ISO/TS 16949 requires this skill in every department to participate in the process; however, many other industries have found this course to be especially useful to engineers/technicians that design or support the manufacturing process; Quality groups that support manufacturing, including both engineers and inspectors; manufacturing; materials; logistics; purchasing; field services; sales; suppliers; maintenance; and shipping/receiving. All groups mentioned above are typical members of the design FMEA, the process FMEA, or both. The revised FMEA process is now represented in six steps:
- Step 1: Scope Definition and Project Planning
- Step 2: Structure Analysis
- Step 3: Function Analysis
- Step 4: Feature Analysis
- Step 5: Risk Analysis
- Step 6: Optimization. We’ll cover this change in detail during this information-packed day.
Join us at one of the following venues:
- Jan 29, 2020 – FMEA/VDA – Location: Austin, TX
- Mar 30, 2020 – FMEA/VDA – Location: Indianapolis, IN
- Apr 20, 2020 – FMEA/VDA – Location: Cleveland, OH
- May 11, 2020 – FMEA/VDA – Location: Austin, TX
- Sept 14, 2020 – FMEA/VDA – Location: Boston (Woburn), MA
- Oct 19, 2020 – FMEA/VDA – Location: Los Angeles, CA
CA Plus – Better Corrective Action and Risk Identification
CA Plus covers a better way to identify risks, opportunities, and root causes. It combines current tools in a new way of thinking, and dramatically increases the chances of implementing a true corrective action that eliminates the defect ever occurring — even if from a different root cause.
This breakthrough technique is taught in an intimate classroom setting, where we walk through examples together, applying standard RC/CA thinking to tools in new ways — and demonstrate how easy it is to do this in your own facility. Click on the preferred date below to see all the details on the class.
Join us at one of the following venues:
“ Even for individuals with deep prior knowledge about problem solving methodologies, this course provides innovative techniques to go beyond just finding root causes and implementing corrective actions. It describes simple steps to ensure critical problems are fixed permanently and they don’t reoccur. Several practical exercises complement theoretical lessons to help in consolidating learned topics while exercising critical thinking and a high degree of interaction with other students.
Mary is an excellent communicator and has a vast knowledge and experience in all quality related topics. Definitively a course that will significantly enhance problem solving skills for anybody working in the quality field”.
Global Quality, chemical products for the construction industry
“The methods and tools taught in this class are directly applicable to finding a true root cause! If you are looking to improve or refresh your skill sets for corrective actions and root cause analysis, Mary is an outstanding and knowledgeable instructor. Within two days I was able to gain a greater understanding and plant seeds of growth in my mind for methodologies to enhance and improve actions at our factory.”
Quality/Lab Manager Flat Roofing Industry
Learn how to apply these key Core Tools to make your organization more effective!
- Feb 3-7, 2020 – Core Tools – Location: San Antonio, TX
- Aug 24-28, 2020 – Core Tools – Location: Cincinnati, OH
- Oct 5-9, 2020 – Core Tools – Location: Huntsville, AL
- Dec 7-11, 2020 – Core Tools – Location: Louisville, KY
The Core Tools training provided by the McDonald Consulting Group was nothing short of fantastic. I recommend this course to any quality professional looking to structure their Quality Management System in a way which best serves their customers and their business needs. The course is full of value-add content and the instructors are very knowledgeable and do a great job of providing real-world examples and experiences to anchor subject points for the class participants. A++
Course Participant – First Tier Automotive Supplier
Internal Management System Auditing
- To provide an understanding of the practices and principles used in conducting management system audits
- To explain and demonstrate the techniques for planning, preparing, executing, reporting and following up of management system audits
- To allow students to practice and participate in applying techniques through discussion, workshops and exercises
- To ensure that students gain the necessary knowledge to conduct first, second and third party audits and to report the findings
- Illustrated lectures
- Role Play
- Written exercises
- ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 / ISO 14001 / ISO 45001 – Detailed review – clause by clause
- What to audit
- How to audit
- What to look for
- Audit Objectives
- Audit Timing
- Developing an Audit Aid
- Turtle Diagram
- Audit Responsibilities
- Auditing Skills
- Auditing Process Flow
UPCOMING Internal Management Systems Auditing Workshops:
- 2020 dates TBD – please sign up for our newsletter to be kept informed of future course dates/locations!